Vault Pharma is a therapeutics company based on the UCLA-discovered vault particle, developing immunology treatments in immune oncology, women’s health, and chronic infectious diseases. We are also currently working on a vault COVID vaccine. The Staff Scientist candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary research team, applying knowledge and skills in molecular biology, yeast manufacturing, protein biochemistry, and immunology to multiple pre-clinical research programs.
We are currently scaling up manufacturing for our lead VPI-101 immune oncology program and anticipates entering clinical trials in the near future. We are currently scaling up our in-house capabilities for vault manufacture of existing vault therapeutics. This is an opportunity to join an emerging biotech company with a collaborative environment, developing exciting innovative technology and that aims to make a real impact in the field immune oncology and infectious diseases.
Job opportunity: Staff Scientist
Post date: July 13, 2020
We are seeking an experienced, bright, enthusiastic and motivated scientist with strong molecular biology experience to join our team. As a Staff Scientist you will work closely with our management team and our founding scientists at UCLA. Primary responsibility will be to produce, purify and characterize GLP vault prototypes and optimize the manufacturing process at pilot scale within thecompany’s facility at the UCLA biotech incubator, train new production and process development staff and help coordinate scale-up production at our contract manufacturing site. The work includes all aspects of molecular and protein biology including cloning, protein expression, and protein biochemistry.
- Lead vault prototype production activities at the Vault Pharma laboratory, assist with processoptimization and scale-up, equipment validation and qualification, perform stability studies and materials management as well as facilitate technology transfer to third party CMOs.
- Support product development activity within the company and through collaborating scientists at UCLA.
- Support continued development and in-process improvements to streamline processoperations and optimize vault manufacturing methods.
- Assist in the recruiting and training of new scientific and technical staff for development and GLP manufacturing.
- Assist with general laboratory organization and set-up.
- Assist with guiding junior lab members in basic molecular biology techniques.
- Cloning and testing of various protein expression constructs.
- Purification and analysis of single proteins and protein complexes.
- Functional immunology experiments in cell systems and in vivo disease models.
- Analyze data and present comprehensive reports for the team.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ hands on experience in the field of molecular biology, with expertise in protein expression, purification, and characterization.
- Experience with yeast protein expression systems.
- Experience with Protein purification.
- Experience in GLP and GMP manufacturing operations or process development a plus.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or related field.
- Successful candidates will also possess excellent communication skills and be highly organized with a desire to solve challenging scientific questions whilst working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Start Date: Immediately
To Apply: Applications including a cover letter, CV, and the contact details of three references should be sent to email@example.com.
Status/employment type: Full-time
Benefits: dental, medical, 401K
Salary Range: $65,000 – $105,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Seniority level: Associate
Industry: Biotechnology, biologics drug development, nanotechnology, Research and Development
Job Functions: Research, Development, Protein Expression, Science, Biologics, Molecular Biology, Immunology
This is a permanent position, based in Los Angeles, CA, with a competitive salary and benefits package. Further information about Vault Pharma Inc. is available at www.vaultpharma.com.
Vault Pharma is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.