Job opportunity: R&D Bioinformatics Internship in LC-MS based Multiomics
Post date: July 13, 2020
We are seeking an individual to assist with the analysis of multi-omic mass spectrometric data and to help develop our data analysis platform. Applicants must be comfortable working with large -omics datasets that encompass projects from diverse areas of research. Applicants must be self-motivated to research new analysis techniques to aid in laboratory efforts and be able to effectively communicate both results and methodologies to colleagues and collaborators.
- Develops theoretical and numerical models, algorithms, and graphical interfaces.
- Implements dimensionality reduction, clustering, regression, and machine learning analyses.
- Coordinates the development of user interfaces and data access services to archive large datasets and enable researchers to access and explore complex data in a centralized database.
- Oversees and coordinates formal quality review and analysis of scientific data and identifies appropriate corrective actions.
- Develops and/or works with high performing parallel computers and visualization systems to enhance computation and analysis or modeling.
- Authors results and presents findings at high-level meetings and scientific conferences.
- Reviews and critiques reports and analysis of other research
- PhD-level training in Bioinformatics or Biostatistics
- First-hand experience in algorithm development
- Experience with R and/or Python
- Strong communication skills
- Rigorous scientific standards
- Creative (outside-of-the-box) problem solving skills
- Experience with processing and analyzing -omics data
- Experience with data mining and machine learning
- Experience with LC-MS, Proteomics and/or Metabolomics analyses and software
- Knowledge in chemistry
- Professional software development experience