Laboratory Research Intern – Zenomics Inc.
Job Type: Internship
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
Post date: June 8, 2021
Zenomics Inc. is an institutional startup dedicated to developing innovative drug delivery systems that enhance health and improve quality of life for people with diabetes. Headquartered in UCLA CNSI Magnify incubator at Los Angeles, Zenomics utilizes technologies developed by our founders at UCLA. We are seeking exceptional individuals with great problem-solving skills, who are also highly self-motivated with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join our team. The successful candidate will collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary environment for drug delivery projects. He/She will assist in preparation for and performance of various basic laboratory procedures and operating/maintaining laboratory instrumentation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute experiments independently following SOPs and make recommends for their Synthesis, purification and characterization of biomaterials-based drug delivery formulations. Preparation of chemical solutions and reagents.
- Lab management: Keep work areas clean, orderly and Request lab supplies as needed. Ensure all equipment and tools are functioning properly through proper maintenance and calibration.
- Record test results accurately and concisely in a laboratory notebook
- Follow established manufacturing procedure while supporting R&D.
- Prepare and present data to the team in Participate in scientific discussion and critical thinking.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or
Skills and Qualifications:
- Pursuing a degree in chemistry, materials science engineering, chemical engineering, bioengineering orpharmaceutical
- Minimum 1 years of experience working in a lab environment is
- Experience with synthesis, purification and characterization of biomaterials-based
- Experience with HPLC, UV Absorbance Microplate Reader is a
- Experience with live animal study is a
- Able to follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety
- Familiar with biological and pharmaceutical principles and different drug delivery platforms is strongly
- Excellent communication skills to work within a team
- Motivated to work independently with minimum
- Proficient in Microsoft
Hours of work per week: Approximately 20-25 hours on site per week.
Salary: experience based.