In order to focus our resources on the most promising companies, admission to Magnify is through a competitive review process. The process starts with an online application that is initially screened by the Magnify Management Team for alignment with eligibility criteria and for further clarification. Selected applicants will be invited to present to the Magnify Advisory Committee, which meets quarterly. Based on the Advisory Committee’s recommendations, the Director of Magnify will make a final decision regarding acceptance and inform the applicant.
Our next application cycle is open! To be considered for a spot in Magnify, please submit your application by March 15th, 2022.
Magnify is intended for highly-motivated early stage companies seeking space for a short period of time, no more than two years, while they conduct key de-risking activities necessary to attract follow-on investment or acquisition. In order to be eligible for admission into Magnify, a company must meet the following criteria:
- The company has sufficient working capital to achieve critical technical/business milestones and cover Magnify fees for a minimum of six (6) months.
- The company has been incorporated for no more than five (5) years.
- The company’s primary place of business will be physically located at Magnify.
Preference will be given to companies with at least one of the following relationships with UCLA:
- The company has, or is negotiating, a license of intellectual property owned or controlled by UCLA.
- The company has, or is negotiating, a sponsored research agreement with UCLA.
- Have at least one active member (founder or member of the management team) who is a current UCLA faculty, student, or staff.
- Have at least one active member (founder or member of the management team) who is a UCLA alumnus (less than 5 years since graduation).
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for entry to Magnify at CNSI, please fill out the form below.
Note: A formal management structure, including business and legal employees and advisors, is a key factor in your company’s success. As a result, this component of your application should be detailed to convey that the management capabilities of your company are robust.
** The option to save and continue your application at a later time is available below. Please click and enter your email to receive a link. **