Magnify Company Orientation Guide
CNSI Staff Contacts
- Sidewalks, doorways, vestibules, halls, stairways and similar areas shall not be obstructed by Licensee or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the Premises and Shared Facilities and for going from one to another part of the CNSI Building.
- Plumbing fixtures and appliances shall be used only for purposes for which constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags or other unsuitable material shall be thrown or placed therein. Damage resulting to any such fixtures or appliances from misuse by Licensee shall be paid by Licensee and University shall not in any case be responsible.
- No signs, advertisements or notices shall be painted or affixed on or to any windows or doors or other part of the CNSI Building, except of such color, size and style and in such places as shall be first approved in writing by University.
- Nothing shall be swept or thrown into the corridors, halls, elevator shafts or stairways. No birds or animals shall be brought into or kept in or about the building.
- Licensee shall not do, or permit anything to be done in or about the CNSI Building, or bring or keep anything therein, that will in any way increase the rate of fire or other insurance on the CNSI Building, or on property kept therein, or obstruct or interfere with the rights of, or otherwise injure or annoy, other University occupants or licensees in the CNSI Building, or do anything in conflict with the valid pertinent laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority.
- University shall have the power to prescribe the weight and position of equipment, which shall in all cases, to distribute weight, stand on plank strips at least two inches thick. Any damage to the CNSI Building caused by installation or removal of Licensee’s property, or done by Licensee’s property while in the CNSI Building, shall be repaired at the expense of Licensee.
- Licensee shall notify the CNSI Building manager when equipment is to be taken in or out of the CNSI Building, and the moving shall be done under the supervision of the CNSI Building Manager, after written permission from University. Persons employed to move such property shall be approved by University.
- No machinery of any kind shall be operated on Premises without the prior written consent of University, nor shall Licensee use or keep in the CNSI Building any flammable or explosive fluid or substance.
- No furniture, packages, or bulky material of any kind will be received in the CNSI Building or carried up or down stairs or in the elevators, except in the manner and at the times specified by University.
- Licensee shall cooperate with University’s employees in keeping Premises and Shared Facilities neat and clean. Licensees shall not employ persons for the purpose of such cleaning.
- To insure orderly operation of the CNSI Building, no ice, mineral or other water, towels, newspapers, etc., shall be delivered to the Premises or Shared Facilities, except by persons appointed or approved in writing by University.
- Should Licensee require telegraphic, telephonic, annunciator or other communications service, University will direct the electricians where and how wires are to be introduced and placed, and none shall be introduced or placed except as University shall direct. Electric current shall not be used for power or heating without University’s prior written permission.
- University shall, at reasonable hours, have the right to enter the Premises, to examine same or to make such alterations and repairs as may be deemed necessary.
- Licensees shall not make or permit any improper noises in the building, or otherwise interfere in any way with other University occupants, other licensees, or persons having business with them.
- Licensee shall require any persons and/or employees who enter the Premises to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in line to University policy on Mandatory Vaccination.
- Licensee shall require any persons and/or employee to complete the Daily Symptom Monitoring Survey available on the “UCLA MOBILE” app prior to entering the Premises.
- Licensee shall adhere to all masking policies as required by the University.
- University strongly encourages all persons on campus to test weekly for COVID-19 at no cost to the Licensee. Testing centers are available at multiple locations across the campus.
- Licensee shall adhere to Proposition 209, which prohibits the University from “discriminat[ing] against” or “grant[ing] preferential treatment to” any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin.
- University reserves the right to rescind any of these rules and make such other and further rules and regulations as in its judgement shall from time to time be needed for the safety, protection, care and cleanliness of the CNSI Building, the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein, and the protection and comfort of its occupants, including University lessees, licensees, employees and invitees.