Magnify Company Orientation Guide
CNSI Staff Contacts
- Tenants must abide by all University policies and regulations (see Appendix A).
- It is the Tenant’s responsibility to disseminate information in this document to all personnel.
- Furnishings provided in each area are property of the University. Tenant may not make alterations, move or remove furnishings without prior approval from Magnify Management Team.
- Magnify Management Team will attempt to make Tenant requested modifications to furnishings within reason. Modifications are not guaranteed and may incur additional fees.
- Keep areas clean and tidy. Aisles and common floor space must be kept open and clear.
- Tenants must consult with Magnify Management Team prior to purchasing or bringing in new equipment.
- Items placed outside of areas stipulated in the Tenant’s FUA requires approval and may incur additional fees.
- Tenants should promptly report any maintenance issues to Magnify Management Team.
- All boxes/packaging material must be broken down and taken to the Loading Dock for recycling.
- Tenant is responsible for notifying Magnify Management Team when personnel changes have occurred and request deactivation of security access cards.
- Tenant will be responsive to all communications from the Magnify Management Team in a prompt and timely manner.
Laboratory Spaces (4523, 4527 and 6350)
- No Tenant may monopolize use of shared equipment.
- Each Tenant may bring one (1) standard size refrigerator or freezer. Additional appliances may incur a fee.
Office Space (5324)
- The office space is for administrative activities only. Tenants may not bring, use, or store any items not in compliance with University policy and procedures. This includes chemicals, machinery and lab equipment.
- Offices: Offices have a maximum occupancy of two (2) persons.
- Workstations: Dedicated workstations are assigned to a Tenant as stipulated in their FUA.
- A maximum of two (2) persons per Tenant may have access to a single workstation.
- Hot Desk: Hot Desks are intended for Tenants that need flexible workspaces for short periods of time. The following policies are applicable to all Hot Desk users:
- Hot Desk users may only use workstations designated for this purpose (Workstations #4, #5 & #12 in Suite 5324).
- A maximum of two (2) persons per Tenant may have access to a single Hot Desk.
- All desks must be kept clean and tidy for next occupant’s use.
- Personal items may not be left or stored at Hot Desk.
- Hot Desks are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
All Tenants are required to submit a quarterly report in a timely manner as requested by the Magnify Management Team. After removing all identifiable information, the high-level data is summarized with other company data to measure overall portfolio growth, generate interest in the investment community, and secure incubator funding. All information is kept confidential, and is never released to a third-party without the Tenant’s explicit consent.
Request are sent via email after the end of each quarter. Completed reports must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
An example of a completed quarterly report can be provided upon request.
Codes of Conduct
- Tenant shall not make any room-to-room canvas to solicit business from other Tenants in the Building and shall not exhibit, sell or offer to sell, use, rent or exchange any item or services in or from the Premises unless ordinarily included within Tenant’s use of the Premises as specified in the Facility Use Agreement.
- Tenant shall not make any use of the Premises which may be dangerous to person or property or which shall increase the cost of insurance or require additional insurance coverage.
- Tenant shall not use the name, logo, trademark or pictures of the Building, California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI), Magnify or the University in advertising or other publicity, without the University’s prior approval
- Tenant shall not obstruct or place objects on or in sidewalks, entrances, passages, courts, corridors, vestibules, halls, elevators and stairways in and about the Building.
- Tenant shall not place objects against glass partitions, doors, windows or adjacent to any open common space which would be unsightly from the Building corridors or from the exterior of the Building.
- Tenant shall not disturb other Tenants or make excessive noises, cause disturbances, create excessive vibrations, odors or noxious fumes or use or operate any electrical or electronic devices or other devices that emit excessive sound waves or are dangerous to other Tenants of the Building or that would interfere with the operation of any device or equipment within the Building or elsewhere.
- Tenant shall comply with all safety, fire protection and evacuation procedures and regulations established by University or any governmental agency.
- Magnify, CNSI’s incubator, is an organization supporting business development within the community. Tours of the Premises are frequently given to industry professionals, investors, prospective Tenants, and others. As tours can be a marketing tool for the Tenants, Tenants shall accept and provide support for tours as business allows. Every effort shall be made by the Magnify staff to provide notice to a Tenant before the occurrence of such tours.
- As befitting the University’s commitment to its public service mission, all Magnify residents are expected to treat one another in a cordial and respectful manner. The following behaviors are specifically prohibited:
- Disorderly conduct, to include but not limited to, using discriminatory, abusive, or threatening language, fighting, provoking a fight, or attempting bodily harm or injury to any other individual, or threatening physical action or injury on the Premises; or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health, safety, or well-being of any person.
- Sexual harassment of employees, students, donors, customers, visitors, patients, vendors or any other person on the Premises.
Magnify Incubator at the UCLA California NanoSystems Institute is fully committed to the UCLA mission of
delivering leading edge education and research. Integral to the pillars of our mission is an environment of
scholarly activity and community service that is open and inclusive. We recognize that how we conduct
ourselves and how we are perceived impacts the quality of our professional and educational environment. In
that spirit, we ask that you refrain from unprofessional sarcasm or jokes workplace, especially if they mock or
denigrate anyone on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity,
immigration status, ability, or any other protected classification. Even without any malicious intent, such
comments, when made to or overheard by colleagues, can undermine trust and disrupt an equal working
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Resources
UCLA Know – Academic studies, policy/education
resources and guidance.
UC and UCLA Policies – Reference list of EDI-
related policies and procedures
Principles Against Intolerance – Inventory of UC EDI