Carbonics aims to disrupt and revolutionize traditional electronics and semiconductors by employing carbon plus CMOS towards a single wireless chip.
Market:The rapidly expanding wireless, communications, defense and aerospace markets have significantly increased wireless traffic and created a need for next-generation radio frequency (RF) semiconductor solutions. Presently, single RF chips are not available in the market and there is a lack of wideband and linear 5G solutions. Carbonics intends to shake up the $20 billion compound semiconductor market that includes applications in WiGig (5G), IoT, Radars and Low Power Comms.
Technology:Carbonics is focused on developing and commercializing a carbon-on-wafer single chip solution that vastly improves the power consumption and performance of wireless products – including next generation smartphone and communication devices. By utilizing new physics and designs, Carbonics is able to ultra-align carbon nanotubes to achieve superior speed, razor linearity and low power while significantly reducing component costs.
- 30x more linear than GaAs
- 1000x better in power than GaAs
- 10x better than Si on OIP3
- 100% CMOS compatible
- High Performance Field Effect Transistors; 8,692,230 on 04/08/2014
- Radio Frequency devices based on Carbon Materials; 8,860,137 on 10/14/2014
- Synthesis of Graphene Chemical Vapor Deposition; 9,388,048 on 06/28/2016
- Photolithography based 3D structures; 9,379,327 B1 on 05/31/2016
- Telegraph Signal Microscopy Device and Method; 7,427,754 B2 on 09/23/2008
- Dose controlled, FESA of aligned CNT for use in high performance field effect transistors; Granted P140200US01
- Carbonics Introduces First ZEBRA Carbon-on-Silicon Solution for RF Components in Rapidly Expanding Next-Generation Wireless Markets | Business Wire
- Carbonics shows stripes with Zebra carbon wafer | EET Asia
- Carbon-on-Wafer Tech Said to Make RF Compatible with CMOS | EE Times
Graduated in 2021