Next generation semen analysis products based on lensless computational microscopy coupled with advanced image processing, big data and machine learning approaches.
Market:On average 20% of couples find difficulties conceiving within the first year of trying. In 40%-50% of these cases, male fertility issues are at the source of the problem. Fertility market globally is significant, reaching up to $40 billion per year.
Technology:Lucendi Semen Performance Analytics is aimed to be a rapid (<2 minutes), simple-to-use, inexpensive, compact, lightweight, and portable platform for automated analysis of sperm characteristics, ideal for repeated and continual testing. All of these characteristics enable it to be applicable to a variety of monitoring/diagnostic needs for in-home, in-field and point-of-care testing.
- Inexpensive, portable and lightweight
- Accurate and detailed semen characterization
- Automated analysis through machine learning
- Significantly larger field of view, better statistical analysis
- High throughput
- Advanced Prototype
- Compact automated semen analysis platform using lens-free on-chip microscopy, U.S. Patent No. 8,842,901, 9/23/2014
- Compact and Light-Weight Automated Semen Analysis Platform Using Lensfree on-Chip Microscopy | Analytical Chemistry
- High-throughput lensfree 3D tracking of human sperms reveals rare statistics of helical trajectories | Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)
- Sperm Trajectories Form Chiral Ribbons | Scientific Reports
- High-throughput analysis of horse sperms’ 3D swimming patterns using computational on-chip imaging | Animal Reproduction Science
Graduated in 2019