Pluto aims to build the next generation of “off-the-shelf” cellular immunotherapies.
Market:We aim to change the way cancer is treated through unlimited in vitro production of tumor-optimized, functionally enhanced allogenic T cells. The projected market size for allogeneic cell therapy has been estimated as $~10.25B USD.
Technology:Our platform system is the best-in-class for the generation of mature T cells from pluripotent stem cells (PSC). Only PSC can generate off-the-shelf products with the optimal complex gene edits required for targeting solid tumors.
- - Best-in-class technology for generating mature T cells from a renewable source of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC)
- Unlimited cell source
- Unique potential for unlimited gene editing to engineer safer and more effective T cell therapies
- UCLA scientists create a renewable source of cancer-fighting T cells | UCLA Newsroom
- Organoid-Induced Differentiation of Conventional T Cells from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells | PubMed.gov
- Generation of mature T cells from human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in artificial thymic organoids | PubMed.gov