Scarless Laboratories is an early-stage biotechnology company with a mission to develop safe and effective therapies for scar minimization and wound healing.
Market:There are no approved drug-based therapies for improvement in scar appearance, wound tensile strength and wound healing that are both safe and effective. Our target market includes patients undergoing surgery as elective surgery and as a result of trauma. For elective surgery alone, our target market in the U.S. includes aesthetic plastic surgery procedures plus surgical procedures in appearance sensitive populations such as cesarean section. The combined population of patients in these two segments represents $1.2 billion annually based on a very conservative estimate with majority paid out of pocket.
Technology:Scarless Laboratories has developed a therapeutically innovative, first-in-class product that reproducibly modulates early wound healing events to recreate a microenvironment for regenerative repair with less scar and more wound strength. Our platform technology can be used as a drug for intradermal and topical application, and as a Drug/Device combination product on a suture or in a gel.
- Minimizes scar formation
- Increases wound tensile strength
- Promotes wound healing
- Excellent preclinical safety profile
- Safety demonstrated in Phase 1/2a Clinical Study
- Preliminary efficacy compared to placebo
- Inexpensively synthesized chemically
- Clinical Phase 2
- Fibromodulin Peptide; 9,409,963
- Methods And Compositions Using Compounds From Fetal Cells And Tissues To Improve Condition Of Skin; 2,509,666 (Canada)
- The identification of novel wound-healing genes through differential display. | Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Confocal Microscopic Analysis of Scarless Repair in the Fetal Rat: Defining the Transition | Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Decreased expression of fibroblast and keratinocyte growth factor isoforms and receptors during scarless repair. | Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Contact:Email: Carol H. Danielson, firstname.lastname@example.org