Vivibaba specializes in protein delivery and advanced formulation of protein therapeutics.
Market:Compared with small molecular drugs, protein therapeutics generally show higher specificity and potency. Broad adaption of protein therapeutics, however, has been limited by undesired stability, immunogenicity and pharmacokinetics, as well as the inability to penetrate through the brain blood barrier (BBB). Nevertheless, the global market for protein therapeutics currently represents $171 billion, and it is forecasted to reach $234.4 billion by 2021.
Technology:Vivibaba has developed a platform technology based on single-protein nanocapsules, which enables protein delivery with enhanced stability, reduced immunogenicity, prolonged circulation time, controlled release and targeting capability. Particularly, Vivibaba's technology can penetrate the BBB, enabling effective delivery of therapeutic proteins including nerve growth factors and monoclonal antibodies to the central nerve system (CNS) for neurodegeneration diseases, primary and metastatic brain cancer, spinal cord injury, and other diseases.
- Enhanced protein stability
- Prolonged half life
- Reduced immunogenicity
- Controlled release and targeting capability
- Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) penetrative capability
- Single protein nanocapsules for protein delivery with long-term effect; PCT WO2010104865
- Stealth nanocapsules for protein delivery; PCT WO2016085808
- A hepatocyte-mimicking antidote for alcohol intoxication | Advanced Materials
- A novel intracellular protein delivery platform based on single-protein nanocapsules | Nature Nanotech.
- Growth-factor nanocapsules that enable tunable controlled release for bone regeneration | Nature Nanotech
Contact:Email: Yunfeng Lu, firstname.lastname@example.org