EarlyDx is devoted to providing accurate, affordable, and non-invasive methods for early cancer detection and location.
Market:Cancer patients who get treated at an early stage survive much longer. For example, a few tests (such as Pap and HPV tests for cervical cancer) have greatly reduced deaths from certain types of cancers. However, for the majority of cancers, there is currently no effective approach to screening and early detection. EarlyDx is developing a blood-based test, CancerLocator, that simultaneously detects a wide variety of cancers and identifies which organ contains the tumor. The market for blood-based cancer screening is estimated to reach $10 billion in 2020.
Technology:EarlyDx’s CancerLocator combines innovations in sequencing technology and computational methods to interrogate the genome-wide methylation profiles of cell-free DNA (cfDNA). Our ultrasensitive library preparation technique permits deep sequencing of cfDNA from a single tube of blood, with uniform genome coverage. Based on the genome-wide methylation profile, a probabilistic method simultaneously infers the tumor burden and the tissue of origin for tumor-derived cfDNA in early stages of cancer.
- Convenient and non-invasive early detection of cancer
- High sensitivity and specificity
- General approach for multiple cancers
- Comprehensive genomic alteration information
- CancerLocator: non-invasive cancer diagnosis and tissue-of-origin prediction using methylation profiles of cell-free DNA | Genome Biology
- The CancerLocator tool is able to diagnose cancer | Wall Street Hedge
Graduated in 2024